What is the scope of this policy?
What information does Shared Playlists collect?
We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information That You Provide to Us
We receive and store information you enter on www.sharedplaylists.com or provide us in any other way. Personal Information during registration and general access that are collected include your name, email address, IP address, Internet browser type, username, password and other information necessary for us to provide this service, including the usernames and passwords for your accounts and profiles on third-party sites with which Shared Playlists interfaces with. You can opt-out from providing certain information, but your experience on Shared Playlists may be limited.
Automatic Collection of Personal Information
Shared Playlists retrieves and stores information whenever you interact with our Website or other service of our Website. Shared Playlists automatically receives and records information in our server logs from your Internet browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. Shared Playlists automatically collects usage data, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and its components. This practice is similar to a store observing the number of customers on their showroom floor. Shared Playlists only uses this data for statistical analysis of our usage, and not in a way that would identify you personally. These analyses allow us to continually improve the experience on www.sharedplaylists.com.
When you receive and open emails from Shared Playlists, we may receive a confirmation if your computer supports this feature, in order to help us make emails more useful. We may also send out emails with news, feature announcements or promotions. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you can opt-out by updating your settings under the "Settings" link on www.sharedplaylists.com.
What about cookies?
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Third party cookies
When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
- Google AdWords conversion tracking (Google) is a service that collects cookie and usage data for purposes of tracking actions performed on this site.
- Google Analytics remarketing and similar audiences features in Adwords (Google) are services that use cookie and usage data to connect activity on this site with the Adwords and Doubleclick advertising networks. The collected information enables Google and its partners, to serve advertising based on your activity.
- Facebook Comments (Facebook) is a service that collects cookie and usage data and enables users to leave and share comments on the Facebook platform. If email address is provided by the user, it may be used to send notifications of comments made in the discussion. Facebook Like button and social widgets (Facebook) are services that collect cookie and usage data and enable interaction with the Facebook social network.
- Twitter Tweet button and social widgets (Twitter) are services that collect cookie and usage data and enable interaction with the Twitter social network.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Does Shared Playlists disclose personal information?
Users may, at their option, disclose their own Personal Information by providing content on www.sharedplaylists.com, including text, link affirmations, images and videos. Shared Playlists will also disclose Personal Information, in the following circumstances:
Content You Submit on www.sharedplaylists.com
You may post personal information on some pages on www.sharedplaylists.com that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we strongly advise against it. We advise you to use good judgment and not post personal information that you do not want other users to know. Users may not be able to edit or delete public content once it is posted. Such personal information may be used by visitors of these pages to send you unsolicited messages. Shared Playlists is not responsible for any loss of privacy or other damage resulting from your voluntary disclosure of personal information.
By Law, to Protect Rights and to Comply with Shared Playlists Policies
Shared Playlists will only disclose Personal Information if:
- required by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order
- Shared Playlists discretely concludes that disclosure is necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of Shared Playlists, other users, or third parties
- Shared Playlists concludes that an individual or individuals has abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to another system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
Any personally identifiable information you submit on www.sharedplaylists.com is purely voluntary and should not be of a particularly sensitive nature; therefore, we use standard security measures handling this information. User accounts created on www.sharedplaylists.com are secured by user-created passwords. Shared Playlists cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Request Data Deletion
Shared Playlists takes your privacy and right to be forgotten seriously. It's easy to delete your profile and any data related to your account. You'll immediately be unsubscribed from any newsletters and all communication as well.
To delete your account: Go to settings, scroll to the bottom and follow the instructions.
If there are any issues with that you can also send a mail from the email address you used to sign up with to request deletion. Send a request to email@example.com. Be aware we might ask you to verify your identity.